Real Estate Agents – How to Get Noticed
January 13, 2011 by David
What is the key to getting noticed, being remembered, and getting referrals? It’s simple actually, the answer is building strong, lasting client relationships. The most effective way to do this is by keeping in constant contact with them and leaving a gift behind to remind them of you later. A phrase used for this type of self advertising is “Pop By”. You want to Pop By clients, old and new, on a regular basis.
And it doesn’t matter which market you find yourself in. If it’s booming, you need to keep in constant contact with all your many clients and hit the pavement to get those FSBOs in your trusted hands. When it’s a slow, dragging market, you need spend a lot of time building long lasting relationships with the few clients you have at the time so they think of you every time hear of a friend who wants to sell. And you need to hit the pavement and gobble up those listings that have expired. After all, who wants to be sitting at the office making cold calls all day? Every agent’s dream is to be working completely by referral. And this is done by keeping in constant communication with your clients and building new relationships with their referrals.
So what’s the best way to do this simple key thing? The answer is simple and FUN! The most effective way to do the above is by quickly stopping by and bringing the client, or prospective client, a small personalized gift that can be left behind to remind them of who you are. The main point is for this gift to be personalize with your contact information. This doesn’t necessarily mean you have to purchase the minimum of 300 letter openers (as cool as they are) with your logo painted on them. You can do this much more economically, creatively and with a lot more flexibility by creating your own tags or putting your business card with the gift.
So start a campaign! Whether it’s gobbling up those expireds, getting the latest FSBOS to trust in you, or keeping your past clients within arms reach, you need to start a campaign that’s all your own. Use gifts that are small, inexpensive and something you can easily personalize by attaching a tag or business card. Another key point to this style of gift is to add a smart, witty tag line so the client actually remembers what they read. You can make cookies and write “I’ve got the recipe to your success.” This is a concept advocated by some major business coaching companies here in the states. www.harpoonmarketing.com focuses on creating these items for real estate agents who don’t have the time (or creativity) to create their own.
Are you going to focus on gobbling up those expired listings? Search the MLS every morning to grab that listing that expired at 11:59pm last night. Be at their door hours after it has expired and represent them before anyone else get’s the opportunity. For expired you want to bring an item that’s not too pricy – you don’t want to invest too much in someone that might close the door on you. But is definitely something to break the ice when you randomly show up on their door step. Something that catches their attention and/or entertains them. I have a client that gives little miniature flash lights to all her expireds and “Spot Lights” their home to get it sold. Another clients using little tool shaped candies to say that she has “all the right tools to get the job done.”
Some key points:
- Have you already branded yourself? Pick gifts that highlight your brand.
- Use several different “levels” of gifts. Have smaller, less expensive gifts for lower priority clients and nicer slightly more expensive gifts for your A clients.
- Bring gifts specifically for your clients children or pets. When the clients sees that you have paid attention and know about their family and personal life, they are more willing to trust in you and take you in as part of that life.
- Specify it to the season or holidays. Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas make this type of marketing great fun.
- Get creative and have fun!
Point being, spend some time building a brand and hitting the pavement to really get to know your clients. Besides, sitting in the office simply calling to say hi get’s really boring. So get creative, get out there, and get busy!
Author: Alissa Avolio
Popularity: 100% [?]
- Real Estate Blog Has Moved Servers
- Hire a Real Estate Broker to Buy the Property you Want
- 5 Key Reasons Real Estate Agents Should Blog
- What Every Real Estate Agent Ought to Know About Blogging
- New Real Estate Agent Lead Capture Technology
- Real Estate Opportunities in the World’s Most Romantic City
- Record Foreclosure Rates Could Mean Cash in Your Pocket
- Home Insurance – Where to Start
- Premium Real Estate WordPress Theme
- When Will Real Estate Values Begin to Appreciate Again?