A New Way To Sell Your House – Bury St. Joseph In Your Yard
February 12, 2011 by David
Are you religious (or not) and looking for a new way to speed up the process of selling your home? If so, you may want to try what one person did to help sell her home in Brooklyn, N.Y. during this difficult real estate market. She has turned to an unlikely source for help: St. Joseph.
St. Joseph is a Catholic saint who has long been believed to help with home-related matters. And according to lore now spreading on the Internet and among desperate home-sellers, burying St. Joseph in the yard of a home for sale promises a prompt bid. After she and her husband held five open houses, even baking cookies for one of them, she ordered a St. Joseph “real estate kit” online and buried the three-inch white statue in her yard.
These statues are flying off the shelves as an increasing number of skeptics and non-Catholics look for some saintly intervention to help them sell their houses. Talk about desperate measures. You might as well put your house up on eBay and/or Craigslist and see if anyone makes a bid. Regardless, I guess at this point I would try anything and everything to help sell my home.
You can read the entire article on the RealEstateJournal website.
Update: I received an email from the seller and her house has sold! Congrats to her and apparently burying St. Joseph in her yard helped.
Popularity: 24% [?]
- 6 Tips For Flipping A House
- 5 Things You Should Know Before You Flip A Property
- New Real Estate Agent Lead Capture Technology
- A Real Estate Purchase Agreement
- Flipping For Sale By Owner (FSBO) Homes
- Real Estate Opportunities in the World’s Most Romantic City
- Record Foreclosure Rates Could Mean Cash in Your Pocket
- Home Insurance – Where to Start
- Premium Real Estate WordPress Theme
- When Will Real Estate Values Begin to Appreciate Again?