There are many new websites popping up like zillow.com and auctioncloud.com which claim to give you a pretty good estimate of what your home or even your best friend’s home is worth. The technology out there today allows such sites to do this and are pretty impressive compared to the old days where you’d have to go around reading newspapers or speaking with real estate agents to find out what neighborhood homes typically sell for.
Here’s a quick list of the top home valuation (or home tool) websites I’ve recently come across listed in no particular order:
- Auctioncloud.com – An innovative way to view eBay residential real estate auctions.
- Zillow.com – An online real estate service providing valuable tools and information.
- Eppraisal.com – Provides free home appraisals (still rather new and unproven).
- Homegain.com – Provides information and resources to guide owners and buyers through the process of selling and buying a house.
- Loopnet.com – Excellent tool for finding commercial real estate property for sale.
Now these are just a couple of sites I’d recommend you definitely check out. There are many more out there and the ZipRealty blog mentions a couple more as well.
Tip: I’ve created a special folder within my web browser dedicated just to real estate websites. When I find something interesting or a website I might later need in the future, I’ll bookmark it and place it in this folder. If you don’t already I’d recommend you do the same. it’s a great way to build up some resources to help you become successful real estate investor.
The Internet is an amazing resource and can save you a lot of time by learning about real estate investing from blogs such as mine or other real estate sites with free information.